Friday, December 29, 2006

what's in a name

Well, I finally decided it was time to set up a blog. But what does that name mean, anyway?

Well, I work for a company called Tadpole (well, technically we are now part of General Dynamics, but its easy to forget that...), we have products called Bullfrog, Viper, Comet, etc. And mostly we work with Sun Microsystems on products which are named after celestial bodies.

My job mostly involves writing device drivers for our Solaris product line and embedded stuff. (For example, I did a bunch of work on Comet, which is basically a mobile Sun Ray with additional features for wireless and VPN use.) I've also done some work with NetBSD, and a lot of my stuff has been open sourced.

This blog is mostly related to my stuff about my work. I'll probably post other ramblings here as well.

It should be noted that my employer hasn't necessarily approved these postings, and my opinions posted here may or may not be those of my employer. They certainly are not intended to be representative.

Anyway, thanks for checking this out, and stay tuned as hopefully I will be updating this semi-often.

No comments: